Who is a Freshman?
A student who has completed secondary studies (high school) and who has not attended an institution of higher learning (college/university).
- Submit Texas Common Application and pay $75 application fee (Online)
- Submit official transcripts to a university approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Service
- Submit foreign credential evaluation report and transcripts to International Student Office
- Please see high school equivalencies (by country) for type of transcript to submit
- Submit required test scores
How do I apply for a visa?
You will need an I-20 form for use in the visa applicaiton process. Once you are notified of admission, you will be asked to submit proof of finances for your first year of studies to receive an I-20 form. Below are the steps:
- Submit a personal bank letter or statement (Example of Bank Letter). See Tuition Information
- If not self supporting, submit sponsor's financial statement along with the sponsor's bank statement
- Once we receive financial proof, an I-20 form will be issued
- You will use the information on the I-20 form to make a visa appointment
Are there other requirements?
Vaccinations - The bacterial meningitis vaccination is required of all students attending WTAMU. Please submit required Bacterial Meningitis Form as proof of vaccination.
Texas Sucess Initiative (TSI) - Foreign applicant will meet TSI requirements (unless exempt) once they are admitted and arrive on campus.
Athletes - Please be aware there are NCAA requirements that must be met to play sports at WTAMU. Meeting NCAA eligibility is a separate process from the application/admission process. Please work with your coach to apply for and meet NCAA eligibility requirements.
Who do I contact if I need assistance with the application/admission process?
International Admission Coordinator
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax - 806-651-2071