With the cooperation of West Texas A&M University and Hastings Entertainment, Inc., the Hastings Electronic Learning Center was opened in September 1998. The Hastings Electronic Learning Center offers numerous facilities and opportunities for the students, faculty and staff of West Texas A&M University (WTAMU).
The Hastings Electronic Learning Center is home to approximately 350 computers that are stationed throughout the five classrooms, an open-access computer lab, two compressed video classrooms, a compressed video conference room, instructional support areas and offices. The recently remodeled north and south common areas provide comfortable seating and space for individual or group study sessions.
State-of-the-art computerized PC and Macintosh classrooms are provided for WTAMU faculty, staff and students in the Hastings Electronic Learning Center. The classrooms are considered part of the Open Access Lab and are available to students when classes are not in session.
Scheduling for classes to be held in one of the computerized classrooms is on a first-come, first-served basis. For additional information or assistance scheduling a room, call 806-651-1240.
The Open Access Computer Lab (OAL) is the main area of the Hastings Electronic Learning Center. This facility is a near 24-hour general use lab for the students of WTAMU. It offers a wide variety of hardware and software applications to provide students with the resources they need to succeed at West Texas A&M University. Every semester in the OAL, enrolled students are allocated a maximum print allowance of 1500 black and white prints funded by the Technology Fee. Any additional prints are charged to the student at $.05 per black and white print.
Hours of Operation
- Fall and Spring Semester
- Sunday, 9:00am to Friday, 10:00pm
- Saturday, 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Intersession and Summer Semesters
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 10:00pm
- Saturday, 7:30am to 5:30pm
- Sunday, 2:00pm to 7:00pm
- Please call 806-651-7900 for questions regarding holiday hours or other closings.
- THANKSGIVING 2014 HOURS
- The Hastings Electronic Learning Center will be closing for Thanksgiving 2014 at 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 26. It will reopen at 9:00am on Sunday, November 30.
- 244 Windows 7 Computers
- 28 Macintosh Computers
- 4 high-capacity Black and White Laser Printers
- 1 large format Color Laser Printer
- 6 Flatbed Scanners
- Digital Video Editing Equipment
- Network Storage
- USB device chargers
- Microsoft Office 2010
- SPSS 21
- Internet Explorer/Firefox
- AutoCAD/Inventor/Civil3D 2013
- Matlab 2011
- SAS 10.1
- Geometer's Sketchpad 5
- ANSYS 13
- Minitab 16
- Microsoft Office 2011 (Mac)
- Sibelius 5 (Mac)
- iLife/iWorks (Mac)
- Pyware 3D (Mac)
- Audacity (Mac)
- Various Other Applications and Utilities
To request services from any Information Technology unit, please contact the Information Technology Service Center at extension 4357 (HELP).