West Texas A&M University is pleased to provide students, faculty, staff and guests wireless access to Internet resources and services, and not be constrained by physical network connectivity.
The wireless network may be accessed by three (3) types of accounts: Guest, Student, and Faculty/Staff each with different levels of access to campus resources, and heightened levels of security.
All users of the university wireless network are acknowledging compliance with the Rules for Responsible Information Technology Usage. There should be no expectation of privacy except as otherwise provided by applicable privacy laws.
A wireless supported device with an IEEE Standard 802.11 g/n/ac wireless card/adaptor with the latest drivers installed.
There are three (3) types of wireless connectivity on campus: Guest, Student and Faculty/Staff. Each provides a different level of security access.
Guest Account - Requires authentication via WT issued Username and Password
- WT issued Username and Password Required
- Contact the IT Service Center for Guest Account information at 806-651-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest SSID is broadcast on all Access Points
- Connect to guest wireless and launch Internet browser, page will be redirected to login prompt
Student Account - Requires authentication based on student WT Username and Password, provides encryption of data
- WT Username and Password required
- Student SSID is broadcast on all Access Points
- Follow configuration instructions below. Instructions require Adobe Reader, which can be downloaded from www.adobe.com
- If having trouble connecting, use the removal instructions below to remove Student wireless settings and start over
Faculty/Staff Account - Requires authentication based on faculty UserID and Password, provides encryption of data
- Campus UserID and Password required
- Faculty/Staff SSID is configured by ITSC (Help Desk)
- The laptop must be WTAMU property
- The IT Service Center must install and configure the wireless card and settings. Please contact the IT Service Center at 651-4357 or email@example.com to schedule installation and configuration.
Faculty/Staff with personal laptops or laptops that do not meet the above specifications will still be able to connect to the guest wireless network.
NOTE: All users of the university wireless network are responsible to ensure their connectivity to the network by configuring their own devices by following the provided instructions (Except Faculty/Staff with initial configuration of university owned laptops being performed by the ITSC (Help Desk)). Faculty/Staff please call or email to make an appointment at ext. 4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ITSC staff is not responsible to configure your devices. They will prompt you to review instructions provided online or that can be found on campus at the designated public areas, and help you understand them.