Academic and Research Environmental Health and Safety
The Academic and Research Environmental Health and Safety (AR-EHS) program provides the necessary programmatic and activity-specific guidance to
- Address applicable environmental protection.
- Promote student, faculty, and staff safety and health requirements.
- Advance best management practices.
The AR-EHS program requires that each faculty and staff member, including paid graduate teaching and research assistants, complete the basic AR-EHS orientation, as well as appropriate activity-specific training. Supervisors, as well as employees, are encouraged to identify needed training and to request and complete the training.
The overall goal of the AR-EHS program is to
- Support academic and research staff in providing a safe educational and research environment for students and staff.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with all environmental regulations and laws.
The cooperation and support of the AR faculty and staff is essential to the success of the program.
AR-EHS supports all university academic and research components. For non-academic and/or non-research EHS needs, please contact the Environmental Health and Safety Office at 806-651-2134.
WTAMU AR-EHS Compliance Plan
Standard Operating Procedures and Forms make up the WTAMU Compliance Plan. All of WTAMU's SOPs and their associated forms may be accessed from this link.
AR-EHS Compliance Resources for Researchers