WTAMU Endowed Giving Policy
An endowed gift is a wonderful way to leave a lasting legacy at West Texas A&M University. We believe each gift, no matter the amount, is important and the result of a sincere desire to make a difference in the life of another.
As you prepare to make your endowed gift, please note the following updated endowed giving policy. If you should have any questions, please contact Tim Bynum, interim vice president of Institutional Advancement for WTAMU, at 806-651-2070.
- Gifts are irrevocable and deposited as endowment principal unless otherwise designated by the donor as an “expendable” gift.
- Endowment gifts are invested with The Texas A&M University System and structured to generate an annual payout of five percent.
- As of Nov. 1, 2010, all new fully funded endowments, created on or after that date, will award once the account reaches maturity in approximately 18 months.
- Each gift added to create a new endowment or increase an existing endowment will be subject to a one-time allocation from the first year’s interest earnings not to exceed five percent of the value of each gift. This allocation will be used to support fund-raising operations by West Texas A&M University and the West Texas A&M University Foundation.
- Donors may choose to make an additional gift directly to the endowment expendable account to facilitate an immediate award.