West Texas A&M University’s orientation experience is designed to provide a foundation for student success.
While on our campus for the orientation experience, you will:
Orientation consists of two components. Start the registration process for NSO and Buff Branding.
- Meet your future classmates, friends, and some of your future faculty members
- Learn about WTAMU's rich history and traditions
- Get familiar with the campus and begin to feel at home
- Gain insightful tips and information that will prepare you for success at WTAMU
- Receive professional academic advising
- Register for your first classes as a WTAMU Buff!
- New Student Orientation (NSO), which occurs over two days in the summer, introduces academic expectations, campus resources, and advising and registration.
- Buff Branding, which begins with move-in on August 20, focuses on university expectations, campus life, WTAMU culture and Buff traditions.
When you register for orientation, you are signed up for both components of orientation. A single fee of $125 covers all student costs associated with both components of your orientation experience and will go on your first long semester's bill. Parents and guardians are welcome to join you for the NSO portion of orientation, and your first guest is free! Each additional guest at NSO is $30.
Click below to find out more about: