Transfer Student Orientation
Register here for the August 24 Transfer Student Orientation!
If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
- You were previously enrolled in a University or college and received a minimum of twelve academic hours after your high school graduation - dual credit coursework does not qualify.
- You are transferring from another institution.
If you do not meet these requirements for a transfer student - don't worry you just need to go to the New Student Orientation Page
What is Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)?
Transfer Student Orientation is a one-day program that prepares incoming students for success at West Texas A&M University. It will:
- Provide academic advising
- Help you enroll in classes at WTAMU
- Make you feel at home during TSO and at WTAMU as you transition
- Provide you with tips and strategies for a successful transition
- Familiarize you with the campus
- Give you the opportunity to meet future classmates and make friends
- Equip you with information about available resources, like Financial Aid
Registration is Required
TSO is a highly anticipated event for our students and fills up quickly. To insure your spot and have the best experience, registration is required by 5 p.m. the TUESDAY BEFORE the EVENT
Who Can Attend?
New transfers who have been admitted to the University are welcome to attend Transfer Student Orientation, but families and guests can attend too.
There is a base fee of $50 for the student to attend orientation. This fee will be applied to the bill for the student's first long semester. Guests are $20 per person. To verify your admission status, call 1.800.99.WTAMU.
Homework AssignmentsGet a jump start on your WTAMU career by completing these assignments prior to TSO:
- Clear your calendar for the orientation date
- Take all necessary exams and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions, Contact Admissions with testing questions at 806-651-2020
- Contact Educational Services to check costs and make testing appointments at 806-651-2341
- Send final transcripts - contact your Registrar's Office to have your college transcripts sent
- Read up on meningitis
- Access your student email at wtamu.edu/activate or by contacting our Help Desk at 806-651-4357. (Remember your password!)
- Follow WTAMU on Twitter to stay informed about events
- Become a fan of WTAMU on Facebook
- Watch our videos on YouTube
- Click here for a campus map.
Tentative Schedule (Subject to Change)
9:00- Academic Expectations
9:45- College Meet and Greet
10:30- Group Rotations
- Technology Training
- Org & Service Fair
- Title IX
Please plan on being on campus for your TSO until 5:00. You must attend all sessions in order to register for your classes.