If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
Transfer Student Orientation is a one-day program that prepares incoming students for success at West Texas A&M University. It will:
TSO is a highly anticipated event for our students and fills up quickly. To insure your spot and have the best experience, registration is required by 5 p.m. the TUESDAY BEFORE the EVENT
- Contact Educational Services to check costs and make testing appointments at 806-651-2341. Contact Admissions with testing questions at 806-651-2020.
8:00 Check-In, Jack B. Kelley Student Center (JBK) Legacy Hall Foyer
8:30 Welcome, JBK Legacy Hall
8:45 Small Group Time, JBK Legacy Hall
9:00 Academic Expectations, JBK Legacy Hall
10:00 College Meet and Greet, JBK Legacy Hall
10:30 – 5:00 Rotations:
• Advising/Registration (Hastings Electronic Learning Center)
• Buffalo Gold Card (Student ID) (JBK 120)
• Career Services Presentation (JBK Thunder Room)
• Financial Q&A (JBK Thunder Room)
• Lunch/Organization & Service Fair (JBK Legacy Hall)
• Financial Aid (CC 115C or Old Main 112)
• Residential Living (Centennial Hall)
• University Bookstore (JBK 117)
• Campus Tours (Admissions, Old Main 124)
• Business Office (Old Main 104)
If you are flying into Amarillo prior to Orientation, and if you need to be picked up from the airport, please contact Michelle McFadden in the Office of Admissions at (806)651-2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The shuttle service runs between 8 am and 5 pm on the day prior to Orientation and is not available outside of normal business hours or on the day of the event. Return service to the airport is available before 5 p.m. on the day of orientation.
Keep in mind when making flight arrangements the WTAMU campus is roughly 30 minutes from the airport.
If you will need to stay overnight before or after your orientation, visit our lodging page for current rates and discounts for WT-related stays.