Pre-University Program (PUP) Applicants
FOR CANYON ISD STUDENTS
West Texas A&M University (WTAMU) and Canyon Independent School District (CISD) have chosen to offer high school students dual credit opportunities through the Pre-University Program (PUP) with the purpose of providing excellent campus-based higher education academic experiences for high school students who intend to pursue a university level degree. The best part is that upon approval of an advisor, the courses taken can be for dual credit and only cost $150.
High school juniors or seniors are eligible to participate if they have met the eligibility requirements of beginning freshmen at WTAMU. The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a requirement by the Texas State Legislature. Students must have met these requirements in the areas they plan to take classes. More information regarding TSI is available through Advising Services at WTAMU (806-651-5300).
- Be a high school junior or senior
- Provide ACCUPLACER scores as required by Texas Success Initiative (TSI), unless exempt
- Must have 3.0 GPA or be in top half of class.
STUDENT EXPECTATIONS AND SERVICES
Students enrolled in the Pre University Program:
- Are expected to follow University rules and regulations
- Are classified as students not seeking degrees (undeclared majors)
- Are limited to two (2) WTAMU courses each fall, spring, or summer session
- Will receive academic advising for course registration at Advising Services.
- Must provide to the Office of Admissions, upon high school graduation, a final high school transcript showing rank in class and graduation date
- Are not eligible for financial aid while enrolled in Pre University Program
High School designees should verify that a student who participates in a college curriculum would not be disqualified from a desired University Interscholastic League (UIL) competition.
High school students applying for admission to the PUP Program must submit the following:
Please submit documents to the West Texas A&M University Office of Admissions:
Or in Person: Old Main, Room 124
WTAMU Office of Admissions - 806-651-2020