Once you have reserved a spot for an orientation session:
1. Clear your calendar for the orientation date. You must be present for the entire program.
2. Take all necessary exams and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions. All testing must be taken care of prior to the start of Orientation on Thursday. To verify your testing needs, please contact the Office of Admissions at 806.651.2020.
3. Send final transcripts. Remind your counselor to send your official, completed high school transcript indicating rank and graduation date. Transfer students need to contact your registrar's office to have your college transcripts sent.
4. Get immunized and/or provide immunization records. Students must meet the State of Texas Meningitis Vaccination requirement, Student Medical Services offers immunizations for Meningitis.
5. Activate your WTAMU student account by going to wtamu.edu/activate or by contacting our Help Desk at 806-651-4357. Next, check your student email. (Remember your password!)
6. Check out Reality Check to learn about how your degree from WTAMU will change your life.
7. Follow WTAMU on Twitter to stay informed about events.
8. Become a fan of WTAMU on Facebook.
9. Watch our videos on YouTube.
Some testing may be required to fullfill the Texas Success Initiative (TSI).
If you have questions about what pre-orientation tests you might need or how to test in your area, contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-99-WTAMU.
If you need to test on the WTAMU campus or are unable to make prior testing arrangements in your area, a pre-orientation testing day (for those who require it) will be available each Wednesday prior to your chosen New Student Orientation date.
All needed testing must be completed before the New Student Orientation officially begins.
Contact Educational Services, 806.651.2341, to check TSI, math placement, or CLEP testing costs and to make testing appointments.
What should you bring to New Student Orientation?
First week of class
Have any questions about what WTAMU has to offer?