Once you have reserved a spot for an Orientation session:
1. Clear your calendar for your orientation date and Buff Branding August 20-22, 2015. You must be present for the entire orientation program.
2. Complete necessary testing and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions. All testing must be taken care of prior to the start of your Orientation. To verify your testing requirements, please contact the Office of Admissions at 806.651.2020.
- Students who have not satisfied Texas Success Initiative Requirements must complete the TSI Assessment prior to attending your Orientation. Contact your Admissions Counselor or Advising Services (806.651.5300) to verify if you need to test.
- If you plan to test on the WTAMU campus or are unable to make prior testing arrangements in your area, a pre-orientation testing day (for those who require it) will be available prior to your chosen New Student Orientation date. Testing dates for summer 2015:
- June 10, 2015
- June 24, 2015
- July 1, 2015
- July 15, 2015
- July 22, 2015
- July 29, 2015
- Contact Educational Services (806.651.2341) to check costs and make testing arrangements either in your home town or at WTAMU.
3. Send final transcripts. Remind your counselor to send your official, completed high school transcript indicating rank and graduation date. Students who have or are completing dual credit courses need to contact your institution's Office of Registrar to have your official college transcripts sent to WTAMU.
4. Get immunized and/or provide immunization records. Students must meet the State of Texas Meningitis Vaccination requirement, Student Medical Services offers immunizations for Meningitis.
5. Go to Career Services' What Can I Do With A Degree In... to learn more about majors and careers.
What should you bring to New Student Orientation?
Have any questions about what WTAMU has to offer?
If you have questions about various services, contact the Student Success Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 806.651.CARE (2273).