West Texas A&M University admits 71 percent of freshman applicants. And it's simple to apply--the items below are all we need!
First-time freshman applicants, including students who have received college-level credit while in high school, who wish to be considered for admission should submit the following:
- Application for admission - use the Apply Texas Web Application *
- Official high school and any college transcripts
- TAKS or EOC/STARR scores (for Texas residents attending public school)
- Entrance exam scores on the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Assessment Test I (SAT I)
- The ACT School Code is 4250 and the SAT School Code is 6938.
* Applicants to WTAMU are not required to answer page 7 ("extracurricular, personal, volunteer activities") or page 8 ("employment information") on the Apply Texas common application.
Want to see more detailed information about Freshman Admission Requirements? Click on the link.
Are you a high school student at a Canyon ISD school and want to take dual credit? Check out our Pre-University Program
Coming from outside Texas? Our out-of-state tuition rates are lower than anywhere in the nation! In fact, you'll pay just a bit more than Texas residents.Take a look at our page just for students from outside Texas!
Phone: 1-800-99-WTAMU or 806-651-2020
Office of Admissions
WTAMU Box 60907
Online: information request form