West Texas A&M University

Buff Transit Tracker
Study Abroad How to Apply

How to apply

Once you have chosen a program, have determined your finances, and obtained your advisor’s approval, you are ready to apply for your program. 

Apply to a faculty-led programKorean guard

The application process for our faculty-led programs is different from one to another. In some cases, the faculty will handle most of the process, while in other cases the OSA will handle the applications. Depending on the program you select, the OSA or the program leader will be able to guide you in the right direction so you can meet the application deadline.

Apply to a third-party provider program

Each program provider has its own application process and deadlines. You should be able to easily find this application on the website of your program. Please remember that most providers will ask you to make an initial deposit at the time that you apply, so make sure to have a credit or debit card ready.

Applications and refunds  

Normally, each provider and faculty leader will set specific deadlines for payments, and in many cases, your initial deposit may be refundable; after certain date, you can probably be refunded 50%, more or less, depending on the program rules. It is very important that you think carefully about your program and make a serious decision before you make any payments, as there is a chance that you will lose money if you change your mind too late.

Regardless of the program you choose (faculty-led, exchange, or through provider), you are required to complete and submit a set of forms for the Office of Study Abroad. If you fail to turn in all the required forms (including the post-program forms), a hold will be placed in your account and you will not be able to register for classes.

To start applying, please go to our Applicants page.

Go to Study Abroad 101