Department of Music
Bachelor of Music (B.M.) Degree
Major in Music (with Elective Studies in Business) (Major Code: 213)
University Core Curriculum Requirements
Refer to the “University Core Curriculum” section of the catalog.
NOTE: Music majors cannot receive core credit for MUSI 1306.
MUSI 1208 and 1209 satisfies “Visual and Performing Arts” in the core curriculum.
Music Core Requirements
- MUSI 1372, 1208, 1209, 1373, 2372, 2373, 3105, (3207 or 3209).
- Eight semester hours structured electives in music, being sure to complete the 36 hours of required 300- to 400-level course work, of which one course must be taken from MUSI 3256, 3263, 3264, 3265, 3266, 3267, 3268, 3269 or 3270, 3347, 3349.
- MUAP 10XX (two credit hours for each of four semesters).
- MUAP 30XX (two credit hours for each of two semesters).
- Two semester hours selected from MUSI 3037, 3233, 3234 or 3238.
- MUSI 3380, 3381, 4698.
- Eight semester hours of major ensemble credit.
- Two semester hours of MUSI 1180 or two semesters of MUAP 1069 (one credit hour each semester). Two semesters of piano with a grade of “C” or higher are required for graduation.
Required Courses from Other Departments
- ACCT 2301, 2302.
- ECON 2301*, 2302
- FIN 3320.
- MGT 3330.
- MKT 3340, 4342.
*Can be taken as part of the core curriculum requirements.
- A minimum of eight semesters of major ensemble (two credit hours each long-term semester).
- Recital, concert, weekly seminar and departmental meeting attendance.
- Satisfactory senior recital performance before graduation.