- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
You Should Know
The Department of Communication is accredited by the American Communication Association. As seniors, students create a website which showcases the projects and research completed during their time at WTAMU. Our Buffalo Advertising Team finished fifth in National Student Advertising Competition in 2012. MCOM majors manage the campus radio station, KWTS and are members of Live Crew which broadcasts WTAMU football and basketball games.