The Attebury Honors Program was founded in 2001 with the goal to provide an enriched learning community and honors opportunities for some of the best and brightest students attending West Texas A&M University.
Honors Only OPPORTUNITIES
- enrollment in small size, discussion based honors seminar and core courses
- faculty led courses with embedded international travel components
- priority registration
- mentoring by faculty and staff throughout the undergraduate experience
- peer mentoring during the freshman 1st semester by upper level Honors students
- support for engagement in research conferences, internships, and study abroad
- live in an honors only residence hall - Conner Hall
Degree Programs Served
Students from all majors are involved in and successfully complete the Attebury Honors Program requirements each year.
WHAT YOU may be involved in
- Colloquia events like Chat N Chew and Pizza with a Prof
- Wider opportunities including study abroad and internship experiences
- Cultural events to include musicals, opera, and other artistic and creative programs
Honors Graduates Graduates meeting the Attebury Honors Program requirements will graduate with designation as an Attebury Honors Scholar and receive the following upon graduation:
- recognition during special Honors Graduate Reception prior to graduation
- special designation on commencement program
- receive medal during commencement ceremony
- transcript will indicate graduation designation
Membership: 150 to 170 students
Majors: students from all majors are actively involved in the Honors Program
- ACT composite of 26 or greater
- or SAT (math + critical thinking) of 1200 or greater
Existing WTAMU Students
- cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater with atleast 4 long semesters remaining and the flexibility to complete Honors academic requirements
- cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater on transfer hours with at least 4 long semesters remaining and the flexibility to complete Honors academic requirements.
There are no additional tuition costs incurred for students desiring to participate in the Honors Program.