College of Business
The mission of the College of Business is to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate business education with a global perspective and ethical awareness. We accomplish this through emphasis on excellence in teaching, which is strengthened by faculty scholarship and supported by professional service.
The College of Business at West Texas A&M University will achieve recognition as an integral part of the Texas Panhandle’s social and economic foundation.
- We believe students are our primary constituents and we are committed to a student-centered organization.
- We recognize our responsibility to serve a broad constituency, primarily in the Texas Panhandle and contiguous areas.
- We embrace lifelong learning and professional development of students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- We are committed to outcomes assessment and continuous improvement in order to provide a high quality education and change in response to emerging issues.
- We are honest, fair and accountable at all times.
- We involve and encourage our stakeholders to participate in the planning and participation in our programs and activities.
- We respect diverse perspectives and people in a collegial environment.
- We commit ourselves to prepare our students for the future, exemplify our values by serving as role models, and remain current in our professional fields.
- We affirm our commitment to intellectual contributions that enhance our teaching, particularly applied scholarship and instructional development.
*Revised and approved by the College of Business Faculty 2-28-2008