Meetings are open to the public and will be held:
There are currently no new meetings scheduled at this time. Please check back soon.
Check out some of the changes already taking place on campus at West Texas A&M University outlined in the master plan.
Ground has been broken on the new Buffalo Sports Park, and students soon will have the facilities they deserve for intramural sports and recreational sports as well as practice space for the marching band. In addition, the project will include the premiere Division II intercollegiate complex for competition in baseball, softball, soccer and track and field. It also will provide the community with a safe jogging/walking trail for personal exercise and relaxation.
The Buffalo Sports Park is a $21.8 million project to renovate the athletic/intramural facilities at WTAMU. The project entails a complete redo of the campus from east of Jarrett Hall and north to the former site of the University’s Wind Test Center. The University community as well as area residents will benefit from the sprawling complex that will include:
• the competition David and Myrt Wilder Baseball Field with seating;
• a competition softball field with seating;
• a competition combined soccer and track and field facility with seating;
• two combination football and soccer practice fields;
• a three-field intramural and recreational softball/flag football facility with lighting;
• two intramural basketball courts with lighting;
• two intramural tennis courts with lighting;
• a practice field for the WTAMU marching band;
• a grand lawn park activity area with lighting;
• a jogging trail with lighting; and
• rest room, concession and ticket facilities.
The fields are scheduled for completion in August 2010, while the surrounding facilities are scheduled for completion in November.
Fine Arts Building Demolition
Hudspeth Hall Demolition/New Undergraduate Residence Hall