Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.) Tuition Assistance scholarship requires an application, which may be picked up in Personnel Services or submitted online: Employee Registering as Student/Tuition Assistance Scholarship.
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Award
- Staff Development Programs
- Birthday Day Off
- Employee of the Month nominations: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May.
- Employee of the Year
- "I Caught You Caring"
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.
Staff Council Calendar of Events
- Thursday, Dec. 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m: Staff Council Gingerbread House Contest in the Alumni Banquet Hall (as part of the University Holiday Party). To enter, fill out the Gingerbread House Contest entry form and send it to Misty Hobbs in the Business Office by Wednesday, Dec. 3. You may also submit the form by emailing the completed form to email@example.com.
- Thursday, Dec. 11 at 2 p.m.: Staff Council meeting in Buff Branding Room (JBK Rm. 12)