Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.) Tuition Assistance scholarship requires an application, which may be picked up in Personnel Services or submitted online: Employee Registering as Student/Tuition Assistance Scholarship.
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Award
- Staff Development Programs
- Birthday Day Off
- Employee of the Month nominations: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May.
- Employee of the Year
- "I Caught You Caring"
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.
Staff Council Calendar of Events
- Wednesday, May 27 at 2 p.m.: May 2015 Employee of the Month reception honoring Michelle McFadden, in OM 124 in the Admissions Hall. Congratulations Michelle!
- Thursday, June 11 at 2 p.m.: Staff Council meeting in Buff Branding Room (JBK Rm. 12).
- Wednesday and Thursday, June 24 & 25 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Blood Drive (Bloodmobile at Cornette Library).
- Wednesday and Thursday, July 29 & 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Blood Drive (Bloodmobile at Cornette Library).