Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents, enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff, who are enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Awards--Congratulations to the 2016 award winners, Jana Nixon and Aaron Parker!
- Employee of the Month
- Congratulations to Johnny Story, the February Employee of the Month! Johnny is the Broadcast Engineer in the Department of Communication. A reception to honor Johnny will be held on Friday, March 10 at 3 p.m. in the HD Studio (FAC 158). Congratulations Johnny!
- To nominate a deserving co-worker: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May. All part-time and full-time WTAMU and SSC employees are eligible to be nominated for Employee of the Month.
- Previous Employee of the Month recipients
- Employee of the Year--Congratulations to Leo Reid, the 2016 Employee of the Year! Leo is the Director of Veterans Services.
Staff Development and Staff Appreciation
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.