Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents. (Scroll down alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship. Tuition Assistance scholarship requires an application, which may be picked up in Personnel Services.)
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff. (Scroll down alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Award
- Staff Development Programs
- Birthday Day Off
- Employee of the Month (.doc form)
- Employee of the Year
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.
Staff Council Calendar of Events
- April -- Staff Council will be holding elections during the month of April for its newest members. University staff are eligible for for nomination and election if they have been employed by the university for at least one year as of April 1, 2013. If you are interested in serving on Staff Council, please contact Stephanie Brackett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, May 8 at 3 p.m. in JBK Legacy Hall -- All-Staff Spring Meeting and Reception.