Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents, enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff, who are enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Award
- Staff Development Programs
- Birthday Day Off
- Employee of the Month
- Congratulations to Aaron Price, the September Employee of the Month! Aaron is a Police Officer for the University Police Department.
- To nominate a deserving co-worker: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May. All part-time and full-time WTAMU and SSC employees are eligible to be nominated for Employee of the Month.
- Previous Employee of the Month recipients
- Employee of the Year--Congratulations to Lynette Lough, the 2015 Employee of the Year! Lynette is the Student Accounts and Billing Coordinator in the Business Office.
- "I Caught You Caring"
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers.See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.
Staff Council Calendar of Events
- Friday, October 16 from 2-3 p.m.: Active Shooter Training in ANS 101.
- Wednesday, October 28 at 3 p.m.: Brain Break--"Coping with Bullying : How to Help Your Child" with Dr. Leigh Green, Associate Professor of Education, in the JBK White Room.
- Thursday, October 29 from 1-2 p.m: Active Shooter Training in JBK Thunder Room.
- Thursday, November 12 at 2 p.m.: Staff Council meeting in the Buff Branding Room (JBK Rm. 12).
- Friday, November 13 from 9-10 a.m.: Active Shooter Training in ANS 101.