Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents, enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff, who are enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Awards--Congratulations to the 2016 award winners, Jana Nixon and Aaron Parker!
- Employee of the Month
- Congratulations to Eyoel Mengesha, the December Employee of the Month! Eyoel is a Linux Systems Engineer in Information Technology. A reception to honor Eyoel will be held on Wednesday, January 18 at 3 p.m. in the Computer Center Lobby. Congratulations Eyoel!
- Congratulations to Christina Palmer, the January Employee of the Month! Christina is Secretary II in the Department of English, Philosophy and Modern Languages. A reception to honor Christina will be held in the near future. Congratulations Christina!
- To nominate a deserving co-worker: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to email@example.com. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May. All part-time and full-time WTAMU and SSC employees are eligible to be nominated for Employee of the Month.
- Previous Employee of the Month recipients
- Employee of the Year--Congratulations to Leo Reid, the 2016 Employee of the Year! Leo is the Director of Veterans Services.
Staff Development and Staff Appreciation
- Birthday Day Off
- "I Caught You Caring" -- February 3-12, 2016
- Staff Development programs
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.