Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents, enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff, who are enrolled in classes at WTAMU. (Scroll down the alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Awards--Congratulations to the 2015 award winners, Chance Haugen and Teresa Wilhelm!
- Employee of the Month
- Congratulations to Clay Scott, the July Employee of the Month! Clay is a Microsystems Analyst in Information Technology. A reception will be held to honor Clay. Please check back soon for details.
- To nominate a deserving co-worker: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to email@example.com. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May. All part-time and full-time WTAMU and SSC employees are eligible to be nominated for Employee of the Month.
- Previous Employee of the Month recipients
- Employee of the Year--Congratulations to Lynette Lough, the 2015 Employee of the Year! Lynette is the Student Accounts and Billing Coordinator in the Business Office.
- The Employee of the Year for 2016 will be announced on Monday, July 25 at the Employee of the Year reception in Legacy Hall in the JBK. Join us from 3-5 p.m. as we celebrate ALL of the great employees at WT!
Staff Development and Staff Appreciation
- Birthday Day Off
- "I Caught You Caring" -- February 3-12, 2016
- Staff Development programs
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.