Staff Council was created in 1993 to provide a representation and a collective voice for the staff at West Texas A&M University. From its inception, Staff Council has implemented several programs that are very popular and extremely beneficial to the staff here at WTAMU. A few of those programs are:
- Tuition Assistance Fund Scholarship for full-time budgeted employees (listed by name in the approved operating budget) or a dependent of defined employees; also retirees and their dependents. (Scroll down alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship. Tuition Assistance scholarship requires an application, which may be picked up in Personnel Services.)
- WTAMU Staff Leadership Scholarship for spouses, children and grandchildren of WTAMU staff. (Scroll down alphabetical list for a full description of this scholarship.)
- Staff Excellence Award
- Staff Development Programs
- Birthday Day Off
- Employee of the Month nominations: please fill out a nomination form and return to any Staff Council member, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a staff member is nominated, his or her name remains on the Staff Council voting ballot for three months. The current Employee of the Year may not be nominated again until the following voting year, which runs June through May.
- Employee of the Year
- "I Caught You Caring"
Staff Council is composed of university employees elected by their peers. See the list of Staff Council representatives.
Like us on Facebook to stay plugged in to Staff Council news and events.
Staff Council Calendar of Events
- Monday, April 28: Submit Staff Council election ballots to Misty Hobbs by 5 p.m. Ballots may be submitted to Misty by campus mail to the Business Office, or by email (email@example.com). (EEO Categories 5 and 7 are not electing representatives this year.)
- Thursday, May 1: Staff Council meeting at 2 p.m. in Buff Branding Room (JBK Rm. 12)
- Thursday, May 8: University All-Staff meeting at 3 p.m. in Legacy Hall
- Wednesday, May 14: Excel Basics- A Hands on Tutorial from 2-4 p.m. in Hastings Electronic Learning Center Room 55D. There are 28 spots available for this training. Please RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org